UNIVERSITY HEALTH NETWORK
and all partner organizations on the COVID-19 Critical Care Capacity Steering Committee and associated Committees (Critical Care Steering Committee - CCSC)
Website and Platform Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the University Health Network's website and online services, hosted on behalf of the CCSC, ("UHN Site" or the "Site"), an online information, education and communications service provided by UHN in Toronto ("UHN"). This policy is intended to cover the uses for all of the Site, although additional conditions, restrictions and privacy policies may apply.
Health Care Disclaimer
UHN and CCSC partners have worked to have the content of this site informally peer-reviewed. However, it does not constitute official advice or guidance unless otherwise indicated. Please use your own discretion and judgment when applying information from this site to your practice.
Understanding of SARS-CoV-2 and management of patients with COVID-19 is evolving at a rapid pace. The following list of educational resources has been compiled to aid clinicians to find emerging and important information for health providers supporting the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Many of the sites below are adding and updating content regularly as practice changes. Note the dates on resources as they may quickly become out of date.
- Participation in any of the learning activities on this website will not yield certification or specialization for practice.
- Inclusion of materials in this list does not constitute endorsement.
- Accuracy of materials is the responsibility of each author or presenter.
- As practice is changing quickly, critical appraisal of materials and liability stemming from their use remains with the care provider.
Intended for Users 18 and Older
The Site is intended for use by individuals 18 years of age or older. This Site is not directed for use by children under the age of 18. Users under the age of 18 should get the assistance of a parent or guardian to use this Site.
You agree that you will not:
- upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that may infringe or violate any rights of any party;
- use this website for any purpose in violation of local, provincial, federal or international laws;
- use this Site as a means to distribute advertising or other unsolicited material to any third party;
- use this Site to post or transmit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity; or
- attempt to disable, "hack" or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this Site
If you use any part of the Site requiring secure access, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
Termination of Use
UHN may, in its sole discretion, terminate your account or your use of the Site or remove any material posted or transmitted on the site at any time without prior notice to you and without your consent. UHN reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspects of the Site at any time without prior notice.
Blogs and Interactive Media
If you use blogging features or otherwise post information to the Site, you give UHN the irrevocable, royalty-free right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from and otherwise use your submission for any purpose, in any form, and on any media.
If you use blogging features or otherwise post information to the Site, you agree you will not:
- post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights;
- post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by UHN in its sole discretion;
- post advertisements of solicitations for business;
- post chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- impersonate another person including but not limited to a spouse, child or sibling;
- allow another person to use your credentials for posting or viewing comments; or
- post the same note more than once or "spam"
UHN reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- terminate a user's access to the entire Site or specific features such as the blog;
- edit or delete any communications posted on the blog features, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
You agree that you will indemnify UHN against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable lawyers' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any materials you have posted or other actions taken by you on the Site.
Content and design of this site is protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, display, transmit or frame any of these materials without prior written consent from the copyright owners, except that you may view, download, display and print a single copy of these materials on a single computer for personal, non-commercial use only, so long as: you do not alter or modify the materials in any way; you include all applicable notices and disclaimers (including copyright notices); and you do not use the materials in a way that suggests an association with UHN or an affiliated UHN entity. You understand and agree that title to these materials shall not pass to you or any other user.
With respect to any material you post to the UHN Site, you hereby grant UHN a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, create derivative works of, edit, modify, broadcast, publish, sell or otherwise use any of that material. You also hereby waive, in favour of UHN, all of your worldwide moral rights in and to that material, including the right to the integrity of the material, the right to be associated with it as its author/co-author by name or under a pseudonym and the right to remain anonymous.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE UHN SITE AND ANY SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR PROVIDED BY THE UHN SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. UHN DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO ANY MERCHANDISE, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. IN ADDITION, UHN DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT USE OF THE UHN SITE WILL BE FREE FROM TECHNOLOGICAL DIFFICULTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, UNAVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION, DOWNTIME, SERVICE DISRUPTIONS, VIRUSES OR WORMS, AND YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKPOINTS TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT.
THE USE OF THE SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND IN NO EVENT WILL UHN BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER MONETARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, FEES, FINES, PENALTIES, OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS SERVICE, OR SITES ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SERVICE, AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICE IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS PARAGRAPH WILL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MATERIAL AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
Errors on UHN Site
Content and availability of materials and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and UHN reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links to other sites operated by third parties, including but not limited to third party sites that may display the UHN trademarks ("Third Party Site" or "Third Party Sites"). These links are available for your convenience and are intended only to enable access to these Third Party Sites and for no other purpose.
You agree that any dispute or claim (including personal injury claims) related to your use of the UHN Site is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Superior Court of Ontario, and will be adjudicated under the laws of Ontario. This agreement also applies to anyone claiming on your behalf.
If you have any questions about the UHN Site, the partnership or these terms and conditions of use, please contact Covideducation@uhn.ca.